Mead - 5 Gallon Recipe
- 12.5 lbs of honey
- 4.4 gallons of water (16.6 litres)
- 15 tsp of Malic Acid
- 7.5 tsp of Tartaric Acid
- 1 ¼ tsp of Tannin
- 3 ¾ tsp of Yeast Energizer
- 5 Campden Tablets
- 1 pkg of Wine yeast
- Dissolve honey into warm water.
- Add into a sanitized primary fermenter with malic acid, tartaric acid, tannin, and yeast energizer. Mix well.
- Add Yeast.
- Attach airlock and place in a warm temperature area (within the recommended temperature of the yeast.)
This kit contains all the essential additives to make your very own mead at home. Note this kit does not contain honey.
Included in this kit:
- Malic Acid (50 gr)
- Tartaric Acid (30 gr)
- Tannin (10 gr)
- Yeast Energizer (25 gr)
- Campden Tablets (pkg of 25)
- D-47 Yeast
With our wide range of essences you can create your own alternatives of your favorite drinks. Select a well-known drink or discover a brand new variety of tastes with our flavours. The below table will guide you through the list...
Start your winemaking journey on a strong note! This guide will talk about the different winemaking supplies you’ll need in your arsenal.Read now
Balance the wine flavors in your homebrew with fruitiness, sweetness, and other subtle flavors for a properly blended beverage you can be proud of and enjoy.Read now