Crabapple Wine - 5 Gallon Recipe
- 22.5 lbs of crabapples
- 2.5 pints of white grape concentrate
- 4.4 gallons of water (16.5 litres)
- 8.75 lbs of sugar
- 2.5 tsp of Pectic Enzyme
- 5 tsp of Yeast Nutrient
- 10 Campden Tablets
- 1 pkg of Wine yeast
Starting S.G. 1.090-1.095
- Select apples that are ripe and not badly bruised or rotten.
- Wash the apples and chop them up, but try not to break the seeds.
- Press out the crabapple juice in a fruit press or with a nylon straining bag. Make sure to save the pulp in a mesh bag.
- Transfer the crabapple juice, pulp, water, and grape concentrate into a sanitized primary fermenter.
- Add in the sugar, Pectic Enzyme, Yeast Nutrient, and 5 campden tablets. Mix well.
- Wait 24 hrs and remove the pulp
- Add yeast.
- Attach airlock and place in a warm temperature area (within the recommended temperature of the yeast.)
This kit contains all the essential additives to make your very own crabapple wine at home. Note this kit does not contain sugar, grape concentrate, or crabapples.
Included in this kit:
- Pectic Enzyme (15 gr)
- Yeast Energizer (25 gr)
- Campden Tablets (pkg of 25)
- EC-1118 Yeast
- Corn Sugar 4kg
With our wide range of essences you can create your own alternatives of your favorite drinks. Select a well-known drink or discover a brand new variety of tastes with our flavours. The below table will guide you through the list...
Start your winemaking journey on a strong note! This guide will talk about the different winemaking supplies you’ll need in your arsenal.Read now
Balance the wine flavors in your homebrew with fruitiness, sweetness, and other subtle flavors for a properly blended beverage you can be proud of and enjoy.Read now