Crabapple Wine - 5 Gallon Recipe
- 22.5 lbs of crabapples
- 2.5 pints of white grape concentrate
- 4.4 gallons of water (16.5 litres)
- 8.75 lbs of sugar
- 2.5 tsp of Pectic Enzyme
- 5 tsp of Yeast Nutrient
- 10 Campden Tablets
- 1 pkg of Wine yeast
Starting S.G. 1.090-1.095
- Select apples that are ripe and not badly bruised or rotten.
- Wash the apples and chop them up, but try not to break the seeds.
- Press out the crabapple juice in a fruit press or with a nylon straining bag. Make sure to save the pulp in a mesh bag.
- Transfer the crabapple juice, pulp, water, and grape concentrate into a sanitized primary fermenter.
- Add in the sugar, Pectic Enzyme, Yeast Nutrient, and 5 campden tablets. Mix well.
- Wait 24 hrs and remove the pulp
- Add yeast.
- Attach airlock and place in a warm temperature area (within the recommended temperature of the yeast.)
This kit contains all the essential additives to make your very own crabapple wine at home. Note this kit does not contain sugar, grape concentrate, or crabapples.
Included in this kit:
- Pectic Enzyme (15 gr)
- Yeast Energizer (25 gr)
- Campden Tablets (pkg of 25)
- EC-1118 Yeast
- Corn Sugar 4kg