Concord Wine - 5 Gallon Recipe
- 30 lbs of Concord grapes
- 2.5 gallons of water
- 16 ¼ cups of sugar
- 2.5 tsp of Pectic Enzyme
- 5 tsp of Yeast Nutrient
- 10 Campden Tablets
- 1 pkg of Wine yeast
Starting S.G. 1.090-1.095
- Use ripe, but not moldy, concord grapes. Separate them from stems and leaves.
- Wash and drain the grapes.
- Using a press or nylon bag mash out the grape juice from the grapes. Make sure to save the skins and pulp in a mesh bag.
- Add grape juice, pulp, and water into a sanitized primary fermenter.
- Add in sugar, pectic enzyme, yeast nutrient, and 5 campden tablets.
- Wait 24 hrs and add yeast.
- Attach airlock and place in a warm temperature area (within the recommended temperature of the yeast.)
This kit contains all the essential additives to make your very own concord wine at home. Note this kit does not contain sugar, or grapes.
Included in this kit:
- Pectic Enzyme (15 gr)
- Yeast Nutrient (25 gr)
- Campden Tablets (pkg of 25)
- EC-1118 Yeast
- Corn Sugar 4kg
With our wide range of essences you can create your own alternatives of your favorite drinks. Select a well-known drink or discover a brand new variety of tastes with our flavours. The below table will guide you through the list...
Start your winemaking journey on a strong note! This guide will talk about the different winemaking supplies you’ll need in your arsenal.Read now
Balance the wine flavors in your homebrew with fruitiness, sweetness, and other subtle flavors for a properly blended beverage you can be proud of and enjoy.Read now