Lallemand Nottingham Ale Beer Yeast
DRY BEER YEAST CHARACTERISTICS:
- Easy to store and use.
- Quick fermentation which can be completed in 4 days.
- High attenuation to maximize sugar to alcohol conversion (Up to 14% ABV).
- Ideal for a number of ale recipes such as Pale Ales, Stout, Ambers, and much more.
- Neutral flavour allows malt and hop characteristics to shine through.
- Highly flocculent at completion of fermentation - aids with clarification.
- Ideal temperature range 14°-21°C (57°-70° F)
- Low temperature tolerance makes this top-fermenting ale yeast compatible with Lager recipes.
- Suitable Replacement for Liquid White Labs WLP-039.
Sprinkle the yeast in at least 50ml of wort at 25 to 29°C (77°F to 84°F ). Leave to rest 15 to 30 minutes. Gently stir for 30 minutes, and pitch the entire mix into the fermentation vessel.
Alternatively, pitch the yeast directly in the fermentation vessel providing the temperature of the wort is above 20°C (68°F) . Progressively sprinkle the dry yeast into the wort ensuring the yeast covers all the surface of wort available in order to avoid clumps. Leave for 30 minutes, then mix the wort by stirring.
When using for a Lager recipe at low temperature range pitching rate must be adjusted accordingly.
- 11g sachet of Lallemand Nottingham Ale Beer yeast (Saccharomyces cerevisiae)
Is your brewing recipe suggesting liquids yeasts? Click here to see the comparison chart for a dry yeast alternative.