Lalvin 71B-1122 - White Wine Yeast
- Ideal for: semi-dry white wines to enhance fruity flavours and aromas
- Also used for blushes, young reds and wines from concentrates
- Ideal fermentation temperature: 15 - 32 C ( 59 - 86 F )
- Alcohol Tolerance: 14%
- Nutritional Requirements: Low
- Made in Canada
- GMO and Gluten-Free
- 1 Package for 4.5 - 23 L ( 1 - 6 US Gallons)
A rapid starting and constant fermenting semi-dry white wine yeast that will enhance fruit flavors and add fruity esters, ideal for fermenting with neutral grapes or concentrates. Producing a smooth and rounded "nouveau" wines that will mature quickly. A low foaming strain. Whites, roses, nouveau reds and whites and concentrates. Also known as the "Narbonne" strain. 59-89° F (15-30C) Alcohol Tolerance: 14%.
For grapes in regions naturally high in acid, the partial metabolism of malic acid helps soften the wine. The 71B-1122 also has the ability to produce significant esters and higher alcohols, making it an excellent choice for fermenting concentrates..
RECOMMENDED PURCHASES WITH THIS ITEM
SIMILAR TO LALVIN 71B-1122 WHITE WINE YEAST
- EC-1118 - Dry whites, sparkling wines, and quick fermentations
- K1-V1116 - Dry Whites, no nutrient requirement
Rehydrate 71B-1122 white wine yeast in 5 times its weight of potable water at 30°C. Let stand for at least 20 minutes then gently stir occasionally to break up any clumps. Add to the must.
- The total rehydration duration should never exceed 45 minutes
- Avoid cold shocking the yeast. The temperature drop between the must to be inoculated and the rehydration medium should never be >10 C
- It is essential to rehydrate the yeast in a clean container.
- Initial rehydration in must is not advisable