- Ideal for: semi-dry white wines to enhance fruity flavours and aromas
- Also used for blushes, young reds and wines from concentrates
- Ideal fermentation temperature: 15 - 32 C ( 59 - 86 F )
- Alcohol Tolerance: 14%
- Nutritional Requirements: Low
- Made in Canada
- GMO and Gluten-Free
- 1 Package for 4.5 - 23 L ( 1 - 6 US Gallons)
A rapid starting and constant fermenting semi-dry white wine yeast that will enhance fruit flavors and add fruity esters, ideal for fermenting with neutral grapes or concentrates. Producing a smooth and rounded "nouveau" wines that will mature quickly. A low foaming strain. Whites, roses, nouveau reds and whites and concentrates. Also known as the "Narbonne" strain. 59-89° F (15-30C) Alcohol Tolerance: 14%.
For grapes in regions naturally high in acid, the partial metabolism of malic acid helps soften the wine. The 71B-1122 also has the ability to produce significant esters and higher alcohols, making it an excellent choice for fermenting concentrates..
RECOMMENDED PURCHASES WITH THIS ITEM
SIMILAR TO LALVIN 71B-1122 WHITE WINE YEAST
- EC-1118 - Dry whites, sparkling wines, and quick fermentations
- K1-V1116 - Dry Whites, no nutrient requirement
Resources - Instructions
Rehydrate 71B-1122 white wine yeast in 5 times its weight of potable water at 30°C. Let stand for at least 20 minutes then gently stir occasionally to break up any clumps. Add to the must.
- The total rehydration duration should never exceed 45 minutes
- Avoid cold shocking the yeast. The temperature drop between the must to be inoculated and the rehydration medium should never be >10 C
- It is essential to rehydrate the yeast in a clean container.
- Initial rehydration in must is not advisable
Start your winemaking journey on a strong note! This guide will talk about the different winemaking supplies you’ll need in your arsenal.Read now
Balance the wine flavors in your homebrew with fruitiness, sweetness, and other subtle flavors for a properly blended beverage you can be proud of and enjoy.Read now