- Ideal for: Dry Whites, Reds, Sparkling Wines (champagne wine styles), Dry Ciders
- Ideal fermentation temperature: 10° to 30°C (50° to 86°F)
- Alcohol Tolerance: 18%
- Nutritional Requirements: normal
- Made in: Canada
- GMO and Gluten-Free
- 1 Package for 4.5 - 23 L ( 1 - 6 US Gallons)
A low foaming wine yeast, vigorous and fast fermenter good for both reds and whites. Also known as "champagne yeast", so it is also also ideal for dry ciders and sparkling wines. A very competitive yeast that will inhibit wild yeasts. Similar to the KV-1116, it will restart stuck fermentations because of good alcohol and sulfite tolerance. This is a very neutral yeast that will have very little effect on the varietal character of the grape. A popular strain that ferments fully and flocculates well producing compact lees. Good for cool fermentations. Champagne, dry reds, whites, dry ciders and sparkling wines.
RECOMMENDED PURCHASES WITH THIS ITEM
SIMILAR TO LALVIN EC1118 WINE YEAST
Rehydrate wine yeast in 5 times its weight of potable water at 30°C. Let stand for at least 20 minutes then gently stir occasionally to break up any clumps. Add to the must.
- The total rehydration duration should never exceed 45 minutes
- Avoid cold shocking the yeast. The temperature drop between the must to be inoculated and the rehydration medium should never be >10 C
- It is essential to rehydrate the yeast in a clean container.
- Initial rehydration in must is not advisable
With our wide range of essences you can create your own alternatives of your favorite drinks. Select a well-known drink or discover a brand new variety of tastes with our flavours. The below table will guide you through the list...
Start your winemaking journey on a strong note! This guide will talk about the different winemaking supplies you’ll need in your arsenal.Read now
Balance the wine flavors in your homebrew with fruitiness, sweetness, and other subtle flavors for a properly blended beverage you can be proud of and enjoy.Read now