Grain: Flaked Rice
- Use up to 40% as a cereal adjunct in the total grist
- Lovibond: 1.0
- Brand: -
Similar to: -
- Beer Styles: American and Japanese lagers
Produced from medium-grain rice, Flaked Rice will help you brew light, clean and crisp beers. Rice Flakes can be used up to 40% of the total grist. We suggest using slightly lower conversion temperatures and extending the conversion time by 15 minutes to obtain maximum efficiency.
- Pregelatinized Rice Flakes have been produced specifically for brewing, developing characteristics necessary for easy and efficient use in a brewhouse. The process of gelatinizing makes the starches readily soluble and digestible by the naturally occurring enzymes in barley malt. This allows the flakes to be incorporated directly into the mash with other grains.
- Because flakes have a large surface area and are pre-cooked, they hydrate and disintegrate quickly. Filtration time will be normal.
- There is no need to mill Rice Flakes. However, they can be put through the mill if that is the easiest means of adding them to the mash.
- Pregelatinized Rice Flakes are made from medium-grain rice and produce a light, clean and crisp characteristic to the finished beer.
- Use a slightly lower conversion temperature and extend the conversion time 15 minutes to obtain maximum efficiency.