Lalvin ICV D47 Yeast
- Ideal for: Whites, Roses, Mead, Cider
- Ideal fermentation temperature: 10° to 35°C (50° to 95°F)
- Alcohol Tolerance: 15%
- Nutritional Requirements: normal
- Made in Canada
- GMO and Gluten-Free
- 1 Package for 4.5 - 23 L ( 1 - 6 US Gallons)
The ICV D-47 is a low-foaming quick fermenter that settles well, forming a compact lees at the end of fermentation. This strain tolerates fermentation temperatures ranging from 10 to 35°C (50° to 95°F) and enhances mouthfeel due to complex carbohydrates. Malolactic fermentation proceeds well in wine made with ICV D-47. Recommended for making wines from white varieties such as Chardonnay and rose wines. An excellent choice for producing mead, however be sure to supplement with yeast nutrients. (Visit Mead recipe kit for more details
RECOMMENDED PURCHASES WITH THIS ITEM
SIMILAR TO LALVIN ICV D-47 WINE YEAST
Rehydrate wine yeast in 5 times its weight of potable water at 30°C. Let stand for at least 20 minutes then gently stir occasionally to break up any clumps. Add to the must.
- The total rehydration duration should never exceed 45 minutes
- Avoid cold shocking the yeast. The temperature drop between the must to be inoculated and the rehydration medium should never be >10 C
- It is essential to rehydrate the yeast in a clean container.
- Initial rehydration in must is not advisable