- Ideal for: Dry whites, Roses, fruit wine
- Ideal fermentation temperature: 10° to 35°C (50° to 95°F)
- Alcohol Tolerance: 16%
- Nutritional Requirements: very low
- Made in Canada
- GMO and Gluten-Free
- 1 Package for 4.5 - 23 L ( 1 - 6 US Gallons)
The K1-V1116 yeast is the best yeast for fruit wine. It is a rapid starter with a constant and complete fermentation between 10° and 35°C (50° and 95°F), capable of surviving a number of difficult conditions, such as low nutrient musts and high levels of sulfur dioxide (SO2) or sugar. Wines fermented with the K1V-1116 have very low volatile acidity, hydrogen sulfide (H2S) and foam production.
The K1-V1116 strain tends to express the freshness of white grape varieties such as Sauvignon Blanc and Chenin Blanc. The natural fresh fruit aromas are retained longer than with other standard yeast strains. Fruit wines and wines made from concentrates with poor nutrient balance benefit from the capacity of K1V-1116 to adapt to difficult fermentation conditions. Also works well to restart stuck fermentations.
RECOMMENDED PURCHASES WITH THIS ITEM
SIMILAR TO LALVIN K1V-1116 WINE YEAST
Resources - Instructions
Rehydrate this fruit wine yeast in 5 times its weight of potable water at 30°C. Let stand for at least 20 minutes then gently stir occasionally to break up any clumps. Add to the must.
- The total rehydration duration should never exceed 45 minutes
- Avoid cold shocking the yeast. The temperature drop between the must to be inoculated and the rehydration medium should never be >10 C
- It is essential to rehydrate the yeast in a clean container.
- Initial rehydration in must is not advisable
With our wide range of essences you can create your own alternatives of your favorite drinks. Select a well-known drink or discover a brand new variety of tastes with our flavours. The below table will guide you through the list...
Start your winemaking journey on a strong note! This guide will talk about the different winemaking supplies you’ll need in your arsenal.Read now
Balance the wine flavors in your homebrew with fruitiness, sweetness, and other subtle flavors for a properly blended beverage you can be proud of and enjoy.Read now