Pasteurized & Unfiltered Apple Cider 20L (5 gal)
Save Liquid error (product-badge line 32): -Infinity%
Great tasting apple cider that is ready to be fermented into hard apple cider! No artificial flavours, just the real thing. Results in an authentic crisp tasting cider, perfect when served cold on a hot summer day.
- Crafted from fresh real ingredients and left un-concentrated.
- No additional steps needed to begin fermenting - simply pitch yeast and go.
- Ready in just 3-6 weeks dependent on carbonation
- An excellent base to which your own flavours such as spice or berries can be addded.
- If still results in approximately 25 standard 750ml wine bottles
- If carbonated results in approximately 2 two-fours of standard beer bottles.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLE CIDER
- Sterilize all equipment with sodium metabisulphite solution (50g sodium metabisulphite/gallon water) and rinse with fresh water.
- Pour the cider into a 24L fermentation vessel and add the following to your cider, mix well to dissolve
- 2 ½ teaspoons pectic enzyme
- 2 teaspoon yeast nutrient
- 2 ½ teaspoon yeast energizer
- Sprinkle 1 package of Coopers yeast and apply an air lock to the fermentation vessel
- Place the vessel in a WARM area (21°C - 24°C/ 70 °F - 75°F) for approximately 5 days and leave undisturbed. Use the hydrometer periodically to make sure the specific gravity lowers as the weeks pass by
- When the specific gravity is 1.020 (for sweet cider), 1.015 (for medium sweet) or 1.000 or lower (for dry cider), siphon off the sediment and into a clean vessel with minimal head space
- If you want your final product to be still (not carbonated) then add (5) crushed Campden Tablets to your transferred apple cider. Reapply fermentation locks with fresh water and place the vessels in a cooler area (approximately 10°C - 15°C/ 50 °F - 60°F) After two or three weeks, when the cider is clear, rack the cider again and bottle.
- If you want your final product to be carbonated (with bubbles). Reapply fermentation locks with fresh water and place the vessel in a cooler area (approximately 10°C - 15°C/ 50 °F - 60°F) for another 5 days or until the cider looks clear. Siphon apple cider into a clean bucket and add 1/2 to 3/4 cup of dextrose. Gently stir and syphon into pressure bottles (plastic PET or beer bottles), cap and place in a warm place for 2 weeks to carbonate in the bottle. Chill before serving.