50g and 250g of Sodium Metibisulfite available.
Prevents wild yeasts and bacteria growth. Made to sanitize all your equipment (glass and plastic)
- White powder (smelly stuff) or Campden tablets.
- Mixed with water (50 grams per gallon), it produces sulphur dioxide gas (SO2 -smelly stuff)
- Use to sanitize equipment – pails, hoses, carboys, bottles, spoons, corks, etc
- If your equipment is clean, it only needs to be sanitized, so use metabisulfite.
- Gas may be used to maintain corks in a sterile condition (see sheet on corks)
- Effective against bacterial infection
- Used to sterilize fresh fruit or grapes before making wine
- Effective for 24 hours when used in this way – add yeast only after 24 hours
- Small amounts are added to wine kits or 1 Campden tablet per gallon of fresh juice wine prior to clearing in order to inhibit yeast and to promote clearing. Helps prevent oxidation.
- The liquid can be reused as long as the sulfur dioxide gas is still produced. ie as long as the solution is “smelly”. DO NOT SMELL DEEPLY
We Also Recommend