DRY BEER YEAST CHARACTERISTICS:
- Specially formulated beer yeast ideal for wheat beers.
- East to store and use.
- Produces estery and phenol notes typical of Bavarian-style wheat beers.Â
- Low Sedimentation.
- High attenuation for optimal sugar to alcohol conversion.Â
- Ideal temperature rangeÂ 18- 24Â°C (64- 75 Â°F)
- Alcohol tolerance 9-11%
- Suitable replacement for Liquid Wyeast 3333 and White Labs WLP-380
Sprinkle the yeast inÂ at least 50ml of Â wort atÂ 25 to 29Â°C (77Â°F to 84Â°F ). Leave to rest 15 to 30 minutes.Â Gently stir for 30 minutes, and pitch theÂ entire mix into the fermentation vessel.
Alternatively,Â pitchÂ theÂ yeastÂ directlyÂ inÂ theÂ fermentationÂ vesselÂ providingÂ theÂ temperatureÂ ofÂ theÂ wortÂ isÂ aboveÂ 20Â°CÂ (68Â°F) .Â ProgressivelyÂ sprinkleÂ the dry yeast into the wort ensuring the yeast covers all the surface of wort available in order to avoid clumps. Leave for 30 minutes,Â then mix theÂ wortÂ by stirring.
- 11.5g sachet of Safbrew Wheat WB-06 Dry YeastÂ ( Saccharomyces cerevisiae ),
- Emulsifier E491
Is your brewing recipe suggesting liquids yeasts? Click here to see the comparison chart for a dry yeast alternative.
Proper cleaning and sanitation are crucial to ensure the safety and quality of your homemade wine. Find out what the process involves and how to do it right.Read now
Don't let yourself get intimidated by wine. It's a beverage always ready to welcome new aficionados. Here, we explain the basic types of wine for beginners.Read now