Safbrew BE-256 (Abbaye) Dry Yeast
DRY BEER YEAST CHARACTERISTICS:
- Specially formulated Ale Yeast with high attenuation and alcohol tolerance. Ideal for strong Belgian Abbey style beers and IPAs.
- Easy to store and use.
- Also suitable for lower alcohol session style beers.
- Neutral balanced flavour profile.
- Fast fermentation.
- Ideal temperature range 15-20°C (59-68°F).
- Alcohol tolerance up to 11%
Sprinkle the yeast in at least 50ml of wort at 25 to 29°C (77°F to 84°F ). Leave to rest 15 to 30 minutes. Gently stir for 30 minutes, and pitch the entire mix into the fermentation vessel.
Alternatively, pitch the yeast directly in the fermentation vessel providing the temperature of the wort is above 20°C (68°F) . Progressively sprinkle the dry yeast into the wort ensuring the yeast covers all the surface of wort available in order to avoid clumps. Leave for 30 minutes, then mix the wort by stirring.
- 11.5g sachet of Safbrew BE-256 (Abbaye) Dry Yeast (Saccharomyces cerevisiae)
- Emulsifier E491
Is your brewing recipe suggesting liquids yeasts? Click here to see the comparison chart for a dry yeast alternative.