Safbrew BE-256 (Abbaye) Dry Yeast
DRY BEER YEAST CHARACTERISTICS:
- Specially formulated Ale Yeast with high attenuation and alcohol tolerance. Ideal for strong Belgian Abbey style beers and IPAs.Â
- Easy to store and use.
- Also suitable for lower alcohol session style beers.
- Neutral balanced flavour profile.Â
- Fast fermentation.Â
- Ideal temperature rangeÂ 15-20Â°C (59-68Â°F).
- Alcohol tolerance up to 11%
Sprinkle the yeast inÂ at least 50ml of Â wort atÂ 25 to 29Â°C (77Â°F to 84Â°F ). Leave to rest 15 to 30 minutes.Â Gently stir for 30 minutes, and pitch theÂ entire mix into the fermentation vessel.
Alternatively,Â pitchÂ theÂ yeastÂ directlyÂ inÂ theÂ fermentationÂ vesselÂ providingÂ theÂ temperatureÂ ofÂ theÂ wortÂ isÂ aboveÂ 20Â°CÂ (68Â°F) .Â ProgressivelyÂ sprinkleÂ the dry yeast into the wort ensuring the yeast covers all the surface of wort available in order to avoid clumps. Leave for 30 minutes,Â then mix theÂ wortÂ by stirring.
- 11.5g sachet of Safbrew BE-256 (Abbaye) Dry Yeast (Saccharomyces cerevisiae)
- Emulsifier E491
Is your brewing recipe suggesting liquids yeasts? Click here to see the comparison chart for a dry yeast alternative.