Lallemand London ESB Classic Ale Beer yeast
11g sachet of Lallemand London ESB Classic Ale Beer yeast.
Danstar London ESB Dry Ale Yeast is a true English strain that has been selected for its reliable fermentation performance and moderate ester production that allows the various malt and hop flavours to surface. This yeast helps produce a range of delicious English-style ales featuring a clean, well-balanced aroma. The fermentation and aromatic profiles are suitable for producing Pale Ales, Bitter styles, and other traditional English beers. London ESB is best used at a fermentation temperature range between 18-22°C. Fermentation usually takes 3-5 days depending on the recipe and conditions.
- Classified as Saccharomyces cerevisiae
- Top-fermenting yeast
- The typical analysis of London ESB active dry yeast: Percent solids 93%-95%
- Living yeast cells ≥5 x 109 per gram of dry yeast
- Wild yeast <1 per 106yeast cells* (Lysine method)
- Bacteria <1 per 106 yeast cells
- Finished product is released to market only after passing a rigorous series of tests
- London ESB yeast is best used at a fermentation temperature range of 18-22degC (65-72degF). Fermentation is generally completed in 3-5 days dependent on recipe and process conditions.
- Attenuation range 65-75%
- Fermentation rate, fermentation time and degree of attenuation are dependent upon inoculation density, yeast handling, fermentation temperature and nutritional quality of the wort.
- Produces a clean, well balanced ale. Medium attenuation preserves some beer complexity. Best for well-balanced British style ales.
Is your brewing recipe suggesting liquids yeasts? Click here to see the comparison chart for a dry yeast alternative.
Have a Question?
We Also Recommend