Banana Wine - 5 Gallon Recipe
- 15 lbs of fresh bananas or 2.5 lbs of dried bananas
- 7 ½ cups of Chopped light raisins or 20 oz of white grape concentrate (.6 litres)
- 4.4 gallons of water (16.6 litres)
- 11 ¼ lbs of sugar
- 15 tsp of Acid Blend
- 1 ¼ tsp of Tannin
- 5 tsp of Yeast Nutrient
- 5 campden tablets (to stabilize once finished)
- 1 pkg of Wine Yeast
Starting S.G. 1.095
- Slice up the bananas and skins and put into a mesh bag.
- In a large pot bring 1.5 gallons (6 litres) of water to a boil.
- Add in the bag of bananas and let simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add sugar into a sanitized primary fermenter.
- Carefully remove pulp and pour the hot liquid into the fermenter.
- Add in the remaining water along with acid blend, tannin, and yeast nutrient. Mix thoroughly.
- Once the mixture has cooled within the recommended temperature range of your wine yeast add the yeast.
- Attach airlock and place in a warm temperature area (within the recommended temperature of the yeast)
This kit contains all the essential additives to make your very own banana wine at home. Note this kit does not contain sugar, raisins, or bananas.
Included in this kit:
- Acid Blend (50 gr)
- Wine Tannin (10 gr)
- Yeast Nutrient (25 gr)
- Campden Tablets (pkg of 25)
- EC-1118 Yeast
- Corn Sugar 6kg
With our wide range of essences you can create your own alternatives of your favorite drinks. Select a well-known drink or discover a brand new variety of tastes with our flavours. The below table will guide you through the list...
Start your winemaking journey on a strong note! This guide will talk about the different winemaking supplies you’ll need in your arsenal.Read now
Balance the wine flavors in your homebrew with fruitiness, sweetness, and other subtle flavors for a properly blended beverage you can be proud of and enjoy.Read now