- Ideal for: Red Wine, full in tannins and colour
- Ideal fermentation temperature: 15 - 30 C ( 59 - 82 F )
- Alcohol Tolerance: 14 - 16%
- Nutritional Requirements: high
- Made in Canada
- GMO and Gluten-Free
- 1 Package for 4.5 - 23 L ( 1 - 6 US Gallons)
The red wine yeast is able to ferment heavier red wines. Low foaming, moderate-speed fermentor, optimal temp between 15-30 degrees C. Recommended for full reds. Aromas of ripe berry and fruit are emphasized while respecting peppery and spicy notes.
The RC-212 wine yeast is recommended for red varieties where full extraction is desired. Lighter red varieties also benefit from the improved extraction while color stability is maintained throughout fermentation and aging. Aromas of ripe berry and fruit are emphasized while respecting pepper and spicy notes.
RECOMMENDED PURCHASES WITH THIS ITEM
- Yeast Nutrient - DAP - Nutrient to boost fermentation
- Yeast Energizer - Nutrient to boost fermentation
- Tartaric Acid - If you want more acidity in your red wine
- Wine Tannin - Boost tannic acid in your red wines
- Acid Blend - A blend of malic, tartaric and ascorbic acids
- Bentonite - Helps with clarifying wines throughout the fermentation
SIMILAR TO LALVIN RC-212 RED WINE YEAST
- EC-1118 - Quick and High alcohol tolerance (18%)
Resources - Instructions
Rehydrate RC-212 red wine yeast in 5 times its weight of potable water at 30°C. Let stand for at least 20 minutes then gently stir occasionally to break up any clumps. Add to the must.
- The total rehydration duration should never exceed 45 minutes
- Avoid cold shocking the yeast. The temperature drop between the must to be inoculated and the rehydration medium should never be >10 C
- It is essential to rehydrate the yeast in a clean container.
- Initial rehydration in must is not advisable
With our wide range of essences you can create your own alternatives of your favorite drinks. Select a well-known drink or discover a brand new variety of tastes with our flavours. The below table will guide you through the list...
Start your winemaking journey on a strong note! This guide will talk about the different winemaking supplies you’ll need in your arsenal.Read now
Balance the wine flavors in your homebrew with fruitiness, sweetness, and other subtle flavors for a properly blended beverage you can be proud of and enjoy.Read now